The Trust is a community organisation
Finsbury Park Trust is registered as a charity and as a company limited by guarantee (without share capital) managed by a Board of Trustees. Its governing instrument is its Memorandum and Articles of Association, which is reviewed and updated periodically. As a Development Trust, it is a member of Locality – a national consortium organisation with over 600 members. As a Development Trust, we offer Office space at affordable rents to other Charities who offer services to local community groups and provide value for their services. We facilitate and help other community organisations based at the Centre to deliver community services which provide value for their services and provide leadership to their community members.
Finsbury Park Trust’s Current Initiatives
- Low cost office space for charities and not for profit organisations, including Desk Sharing facilities.
- Room hire for meetings, events, training, presentations and discussion groups.
- Business support and Regeneration activities. This work is co-ordinated through the Board’s Regeneration Panel, chaired by a member of Board of Trustees.
- Facilitating the Tri-Borough Finsbury Park Regeneration Board meetings set up as a result of the signing of The Finsbury Park Accord by the Leaders of the three Councils – Hackney, Haringey & Islington.
- Specific one off projects like helping vulnerable individuals on low income or on benefits on saving energy bills by giving advice and guidance on cheaper Utility suppliers.
- Working closely with local Traders Associations and facilitating Business Support sessions e.g. Employment Laws, Health & Safety, Business Rates workshops.
- Holding a community regeneration conference every two years. The next conference will take place in July 2019.