Job Vacancy: Centre Administrator
JOB VACANCY AT FINSBURY PARK TRUST
(recruitment arranged through Hackney Works)
JOB TITLE: Centre Administrator
Accountable to: Executive Director
Responsible for: Building, Reception, Cleaning Staff
Location of post: Finsbury Park Trust, 225-229 Seven Sisters Road, London N4 2DA
Salary Package: £12 – £15 per Hour (negotiable).
Terms of employment
Contract: 1 year fixed term
Hours: 21 hours per week 10 – 2.230 (Job Share) and weekends, occasional flexible hours
Holiday entitlement: 20 days and bank holidays (pro rota)
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST ON HACKNEY WORKS WEBSITE.
Finsbury Park Trust is a community-led charitable agency that works in partnership with three local authorities, local residents, businesses, community groups and other voluntary sector agencies to bring about lasting social, economic and environmental improvements for everyone in the Finsbury Park area. We support community organisations to deliver services and to empower and provide leadership to local resident
Centre Administrator Job Description
Purpose of the Post
To manage the reception area at The Finsbury Park Trust and provide general administrative support to the Director. Centre workers will be provide a seamless service to the local community. You will be expected to:
- Be the face of the Finsbury Park Trust, actively engage and promote all community projects and events taking place at the Centre and the local area.
- Be the frontline initial contact for visitors or enquiries to the Centre, whether in person, email or on the telephone.
- Give site visits to potential hirers and follow the bookings procedure as per FPT policy and ensure bookings run smoothly, professionally and to the needs of the clients.
- Issue invoices to clients and maintain record keeping of financials and communications.
- Provide day to day support to the Director in the organisation of the Centre facilities, including contributing to the maintenance of a healthy, safe and secure environment.
- Liaise with the cleaning staff/company and give instruction as necessary to maintain the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Working alongside and liaising with the Executive Director on a close basis to ensure a professional and productive running of the centre.
- Regular meetings with the Executive Director/Finance officer to keep updated on client lists/refunds/invoices.
- The provision of high quality and responsive reception and facility management services that meet the needs of our local community.
- Provide general administrative support to the Director.
- The development and maintenance of reception and facility management procedures that ensure that services are provided efficiently and effectively and to ensure that there are seamless handover procedures developed between the Centre Administrator and Director.
- The provision of a welcoming and positive introduction to FPT Centre for all callers, whether on the telephone, by email or in person and maintaining an accurate record of caller details as required.
- Ensuring that the facilities are prepared for users, including provision of additional equipment and that, where necessary, refreshments are ordered in preparation for activities and events.
- Ensuring that any minor repairs are logged, reported to the Centre Manager and completed in a timely fashion. Any major repairs should be discussed with the Centre Manager and reported to the relevant organisation/agency to ensure that they are dealt with. Completion of these works should be monitored and chased as required.
- To carry out fire alarm tests and drills in line with FPT and RCC Health and Safety requirements.
- The provision of information in a format to be agreed to the Director to ensure that a database is maintained to capture information on Centre’s users and income generation.
- Collection of hiring fees for FPT facilities as and when required. Any such payments will be dealt with in accordance with FPT’s financial regulations.
- To ensure that FPT’s Health and Safety policy is adhered to and enacted, specifically, to ensure that there is an accurate record of all visitors to the Centre, fire alarms are regularly tested, and fire drills undertaken periodically and proper records are maintained.
- Carry out regular administrative task: photocopying, spreadsheets, reporting etc.
- Participate in regular meetings and supervision as and when required and to take up any training offered.
- Help to implement and to abide by FPT’s policies and, in particular, to apply Equal Opportunities principles to all work undertaken.
Day to day cleaning – Kitchen, Meeting Room and Reception area;
- Room setting – helping in moving tables and chairs, opening up rooms to combine rooms 2 and 3 ( when required)
- Making sure items are return in the right cupboards.
- Making sure dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher, emptied when completed and placed the right cupboard
- Microwave, kettles, hot water caddies, fridge and freezer are all keep clean and tidy.
- Unlabelled and out of date food are disposed of from the fridge.
- Garden bulk waste are removed and not left in garden for long.
- Main Hall storage is all arranged and kept clean and tidy.
- Setting up teas, coffee and biscuits for meetings.
- Setting up flipchart board if needed.
- Sorting out mails and post office deliveries.
- Placing orders like cleaning detergents etc.
- Ensuring staff refreshment are in stock.
This job description is not to be taken as a completely exhaustive list of duties and it may be reviewed in the light of changing needs and developments. Any changes will be fully discussed with the post holder. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties appropriate to the seniority and scope of the post.